Delicious LinkedIn Facebook Twitter RSS Feed
Powered by Blogger.

Miami Food: Part 1

So I spent this past weekend catching up and spending time with my family and friends as well as exploring the new food spots Miami has to offer. After meeting up with my one of my close friends we went to Lokal: Burgers & Beer. It is located in Coconut Grove, on the same street as Mr. Moe’s for all you Miami locals. If you are looking for an above average burger and beer in a modern, stylish yet laid back atmosphere this is the place for you. Everything is very reasonably priced and it is honestly one of the best burgers I’ve had in a while. They offer a wide variety of unique burgers with each one sounding better than the next (served with fries or sweet potato fries) and a variety of beers to compliment the burgers. One of the burgers that stuck out to me the most but I didn’t have the pleasure of trying was the "Frita": a burger topped with guava jelly, melted Gruyere, stuffed with potato sticks, crispy bacon and Lokal sauce.






The burger I did end up getting was the “My Childhood Dream”. This burger is topped with American cheese and crispy bacon, seems simple at first. But what sets this burger apart is that they take a glazed donut, cut it in half and use it as the bun. Don’t knock it till you try it, it honestly tasted delicious and I wouldn’t hesitate to eat another one. Trust me, there’s a reason this burger is one of the most popular ones.





My friend decided to try Lokal’s “Miami Heat” burger. This burger is topped with spicy mayo, sliced pepper jack cheese, grilled onion, sliced jalapenos, lettuce, tomato and Siracha.



Sorry about the half eaten burger pics, we couldn't help it. They looked too good to wait, I know you guys will understand. We decided to order a beer with the burgers as well and ended up choosing Dogfish Head Beer's Tweason'ale. It is brewed with strawberries and honey to give it a sweeter taste and tasted pretty good as well.
         

          

This vibe of Lokal is very laid back and friendly and the server's are awesome. It is very reasonably priced and is now going to be one of my regular spots. If your ever down in Coconut Grove I highly recommend this place. LYMLife approved.




Lokal Burgers & Beer


3190 Commodore Plaza
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
http://www.lokalmiami.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment