Delicious LinkedIn Facebook Twitter RSS Feed
Powered by Blogger.

"Worldism" over Nationalism


Before it was my country, my hood, mi barrio, it was my world. In the world today, there is much  talk of nationalism, patriotism, and numerous  "isms", but what we aren't talking about is the important ones like realism and "worldism". A lot of you know what realism is but do you know what "worldism" consists of. I am an "Jamerican"(american born into a jamaican family)and I couldn't be prouder. I come from a rich culture and I am submerged into the melting pot of culture which makes up the United States. Besides all the dilution there are still some culture rich areas in this beautiful country fighting to stay afloat. More importantly than the culture crisis is what has become of the world today. We are all fighting to keep up with this nationalism thing clinging to governments ruled by corruption as we ignore the bigger picture, people. I say forget nationalism and remember man. We are all created equally at least in my eyes and we all share many common bonds. So where along the line did we lose touch with the fact that we should be clinging to each other? I am not telling you to bash America whatsoever. I do not bite the hand that feeds me. I am telling you to recognize how far we've strayed from the righteous road and help bring us back. America, like many other countries forgot what they were built on. The majority, if not all the countries on this Earth, were built on blood. Blood, sweat, and tears of the common man set the foundation on which we walk. I never forget where I come from and neither should you. From the dust we came and to it we all shall return. We are all made up of the same matter, the same dust and particles so why should we fight each other. There is more than enough dust to go around. Don't fight your brothers in the name of your country, its our world. They say to conquer you must divide first but the funny thing is we divided ourselves, thus, we are already conquered. Politics is basically a parasitical relationship between certain countries where we suck each other dry and then have wars fueled by greed or the beef of powerful men, to settle a dispute. Sorry for my lack of composure when I say this pissing contest is completely unnecessary. I fight for my dreams, people, and what is right. You decide what you're willing to fight for. When you make this decision, make sure it is not fueled by your human nature(greed and envy). In the coming weeks, I will be getting a little political.  So if politics bore you, too bad, realize that they affect you whether you recognize them or not. Politics bore me too, but honestly they are statements of wrong and right and it is up to you to correct the wrongs and make them right by exercising whatever power and jurisdiction you might have. LYMLifers it is grinding season. We grind year round no matter what the weather. Everyday there is a lesson to be learned, a wrong to right, and a memory to share. So until next time keep it LYM.

0 comments:

Post a Comment