Delicious LinkedIn Facebook Twitter RSS Feed
Powered by Blogger.

Simplify or Stress.....

As this semester from hell comes to end the dark cloud of anxiety and the heavy rains of stress start to approach. As most students load up on all sorts of crazy products to help them get through this final stretch there is one thing I think you all should remember: "life goes on".
I am currently in a do or die situation with my classes and if that wasn't enough I'm on the verge of releasing the first pieces of my clothing line. My contribution to the material world is about to be released and my graduation date is at stake. My stress level did peak for a quick moment but I quickly realized, life is not as crazy as we make it out to be. Simplicity is the mask of sophistication. Never forget to appreciate the simple things in life. I am a nature junkie at heart so the weirdest of things can bring a smile to my face.
Can't put a price on my smile
Watching clouds fly by is one of my simple past times. I lose track of time watching clouds fly by. Simplicity rules my life. I feel like simple people are the ones who have things figured out, while those who work so hard at creating complex lives are just trying too hard and are honestly more lost than the rest. So I urge you to please re-assess your life and simplify where possible.

In this past week I have experienced the taxing effects of school and love. Not first hand, but within my circle. My answer is simple, look back to when you were a child...what did your happiness depend on? Whatever your answer I guarantee you  if you ask yourself the same thing in terms of your current happiness your answer is way different and way more intricate. In school I'm happy to learn something I am not a slave to a grade. I don't sacrifice my dignity to make a grade. I'd rather fail with dignity than succeed by fraud.

When  it comes to girls call me nerdy but I'm happy to be able to hold a hand. In a world where people assume the act of sex to means you are getting somewhere, I believe you find more out about a person by just holding their hand. Sex is a child of complication, conversation is the child of simplicity. Anyone could have sex but not everyone can hold an intelligent conversation. Guys trust me good conversation will hold your girl longer than good sex and the women will agree with me. I didn't say there was anything wrong with sex i'm just saying that there are simpler intimacies out there.

 So please just try it out. Take yourself back to those simple times. Simplify your life in all aspects. Clear out the clutter so you can focus on your true goals. This post was about life but I decided to use love as the example because I felt every one could relate better. So before I sign off remember: “Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art.” 
LYMLIFE = SIMPLIFY



0 comments:

Post a Comment