Delicious LinkedIn Facebook Twitter RSS Feed
Powered by Blogger.

V-DAY

 Happy Valentines Day to all. I hope you enjoyed your day of love, roses, and happiness. I have mixed feelings about Valentines day. Whether I was in a relationship or single I think people should love each other all day everyday. Why set a day to show love when we can just put forth the maximum love effort on a daily basis. Anyways in the spirit of this holiday all you single people out there I suggest you find a consistent valentine. I am proud to say that since I can remember my mother has always been my valentine and trust me she is the best valentine, rejection is never a worry. Back to the point out of all the single people some of you like myself have love for yourself and life goes on, others take up the personal duty of totally rejecting this holiday and using it to mock and hate on happy couples. For the latter all I can say is its not becoming. I salute all you single people because we all know single life is for the brave, but don't take your inner anger out on happy couples.

To all the couples out there that are still going strong I salute you also. No we are not on the same page but I have witnessed enough to know a thing or two about your situation. The only thing I have to say to you is appreciate your significant other all day everyday. Remember good conversation lasts longer than good sex so indulge in some deep conversation tonight.

Love is the best and most risky investment a person can make in this life. The sky is the limit when it comes to gains and rock bottom is the stop when it comes to loss. With great risk comes great gain and great responsibility. Remember this ladies and gents. It may be cliche but never was a truer statement said "Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all"(Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem In Memoriam:27, 1850).
 Love will conquer all we just have to find it and apply it. Anyways I can't get too deep into this love talk because I am currently at a crossroad within my own love life... the picture speaks for my situation Wall-E I feel your struggle man. Them girls be hovering (or walking) all over us.

The gist of the story is live and let love lead. I love unconditionally, blindly, and honestly. Wouldn't have it any other way. I give love my all and I can tell you right now the returns on this investment are never what you expect, but the day you get someone to take the risk with you and you work at a relationship with maximum effort you will witness the truly majestic side of love. Oh and I almost forgot make sure you love yourself before you attempt to love another. Trust me it helps. I believe that is all so live, love, and LYM.

Shouts out to the power couples for 2011 (Grandma Arlene & Grandpa Josh), (Mom & Dad), (BDUB & Nia), (Danny & Lisa), (Zalo & Jess) may you have many more valentines days together. And to that girl out there with the gummy bears feeling risky?.....lol

My favorite description of love is from the movie Captain Corelli's Mandolin: 
"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
-St. Augustine
PS- check the empyrean excerpt to your right ladies might help you decide how to find him.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment